Announcing Final Outpost 1.3
March 28 2022
With new features such as the all-new skill tree, overhauled weather system and native leaderboards and achievements, this major update offers new challenges to players and introduces an exciting element of competition.
NEW SKILL SYSTEM
Upgrade the capabilities of your citizens with the SKILL TREE in Final Outpost 1.3. Earn skill points by killing zombies and ensure the survival of your citizens by guiding them from novice to warrior as you play.
INVENTORY - In the beginning, your citizens don’t have the necessary tools to transport heavy loads. Unlock inventory skills to increase the carrying capacity of your citizens and see them bring home vast quantities of resources.
MOVEMENT - Continuous labour and intensive training can improve the movement speed of your citizens around their Outpost. In turn, citizens become more productive, bringing back resources more efficiently.
NOISE - Novices generate more noise when killing zombies. Train your citizens to become silent killers over time, attracting less zombies to your wall.
DAMAGE - Whether you decide to train your citizens in knife-handling skills or make them sharpshooters, they will become more accurate with every skill unlocked, dealing more damage to zombies.
NEW WEATHER SYSTEM
Experience ALL-NEW WEATHER EFFECTS in Final Outpost 1.3. Brave the snow during winter, droughts during summer and even the occasional lightning strike during a violent storm.
Harsh winters remain a challenge in 1.3 with a reduction in crop yield. Snow becomes yet another hindrance to the production of food in your Outpost.
The introduction of rain and thunderstorms poses a new threat to your Outpost. Lightning strikes loom large during storms and occasionally cause a fire within your walls, reducing a damaged building to ashes.
Like winter, summer droughts will weaken the yield your farmers are able to achieve. Dehydrated soil will make many crops die and it becomes crucial to re-deploy farmers to the forest in search of wild animals.
LEADERBOARDS & ACHIEVEMENTS
With native integration of Game Center and Play Game Services, Final Outpost 1.3 brings a brand-new way to track your achievements and view leaderboards. Whether you’re killing your first zombie or have already completed the skill tree, players can now compete among friends and fight to become the best in the world. Join our Discord server here to join in the fun.
AND THERE’S MORE…
- New main menu artwork
- Improved knife fighter AI
- Added option to change behaviour of the fast-forward button
- Citizens now search for a new place to sleep if their house is demolished
- Citizens will now adjust sleeping position if their house is upgraded
- When loading up a game, the camera now positions itself on the most important part of your Outpost
- The save panel is shown when returning to the main menu from the game
- Knife fighters now get redistributed automatically to a new wall when it is built
- Tweaked brightness during the night
- Saw now only requires level 2 workshop
- Citizens release at 7am is now staggered slightly
- Improved worker positioning on wall
- Many, many bug fixes